Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Peace

     Okay - so alot of people have been getting on me to write something on my blog.  I have things I could 'blog' about, but I also want to be as careful as I can about my thoughts and wranglings in my mind cause as you know - once they out here they are here for good.  So... that being said... I have so much on my mind and I'm running in so many directions that it's difficult to gather my thoughts and form a logical word on paper, or cyberspace as it were.
     I am on my lunch break right now, and in the background a lady I work with is listening to the news.  I hear about tax rates, the rich, the poor, the republicans, and the democrates.  I hear about the politics and the arguments about how to run the country and our involvment on foreign nations.  I am so tired of the rat race in Washington DC and the news even at the local level.  The polarization of this nation is exhausting for anyone who believes that Jesus meant what He said, "Peacemakers shall be called the sons of God."  This is no easy task.  I have great discussions with my co-workers about everything from abortion to taxes, from the homosexual agendas to the pay for school teachers.  We have agreed to dis-agree on some issues. Because of the civil conversations we have we both have learned a great deal about the other side.  She is a self proclaimed atheist yet we have great talks because we listen to each other and because we have gotten to a place where even though we disagree on many things, we still respect each other enough not to resort to name calling and the typical bashing of eachother that goes around the internet.
     I guess my blogging ramble concludes with this: If you want to live in a civil nation where there is less hatred and disrespect - start with your own circle of influence.  Have a PEACEFUL day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment