Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The trouble with faking it

 
 
 
This morning I was reviewing a devotional page that I really liked from a couple of days ago.  The author spoke about the 'church' and how we all have rolls to fill and things to do in the body of Christ. This got me thinking about insincerity. Insincerity is no better than lies. A lie is a statement made with the intention of deceit. When a person is insincere wouldn't that constitute a deceptive life. This is not pleasing to the Lord! I desire to be as real as I can be with everyone I meet.  I have spoken with several people who say they struggle with lying because they WANT to be a certain way and it's just not happening, so they make out like they are living a better life than what they are.  We've all done it.  We all need to help eachother live above that and actually realize the freedom to live with power in Christ! (Acts 1:8)


The trouble with faking it is that no one can keep it up permenantly. Eventually the truth comes out and you are discovered for who you really are; a fraud. The popular phrase, "Fake it till you make it" is one that I hope that I never do. I want to be effective in ministry, but not at the price of being someone I'm not.

If we each are part of one body, Christ's, (the Church) than we ought to be praying to our God to show us and teach us what our gifts are and then live out those gifts every day in every way. Pursue those giftings with all of our might, and do not worry about other areas in life that God has not called us to.

1st Corinthians 12:10-31

No comments:

Post a Comment